Call for Papers
[clicca qui per la versione italiana]
Vol. 2, no. 1 (Spring 2013): The Financial Crisis and the World Economic Order\”
Deadline for proposals: December 31, 2012
Deadline for papers: February 15, 2013
The Italian journal of geopolitics GEOPOLITICA. Rivista dell’Istituto in Alti Studi di Geopolitica e Scienze Ausiliarie calls submissions for the Spring 2013 issue.
The issue’s section theme is The Financial Crisis and the World Economic Order\”. This issue will explore characteristics, evolution and prospects of the current world economic order, with a particular focus for causes, dynamics and consequences of the 2008 financial crisis.
This issue of GEOPOLITICA will examine in particular a series of topics including but not limited to:
– main features of the current world economic order and its historical origin and formation;
– possible relations of that world economic order to geographical features;
– causes and effects of tertiarization and financialization of economy;
– causes and effects of the 2008 financial crisis;
– possible emergence of a new and different world order and possible relation of that phenomenon to the 2008 financial crisis;
– role of economic clusters (as BRICS) and of emerging powers in current and future world economy;
– causes, features, consequences and possible solutions of the European debt crisis.
Abstracts that are no longer than 400 words and a short (maximum one paragraph) biography of the author should be submitted by December 31, 2012, electronically by this contact form: [click]. Abstracts are accepted only in English and Italian.
By no more than 10 days after the submission, authors of approved abstracts will be asked to submit their full articles for peer review. There is not a maximum lenght for articles, though is recommended to not exceed 4500 words. Articles are accepted in English, Italian, French and Spanish.
The due date for completed drafts of articles is February 15, 2013. An invitation to submit a full article does not guarantee publication. Even articles approved by the referees may be not published due to lacking of room in the issue, but they will be published, with the author’s assent, in a following issue.
The issue 1 of the second volume of GEOPOLITICA is scheduled to appear in April/May 2013. GEOPOLITICA is the journal of the Italian no-profit Institute of Advanced Studies in Geopolitics and Auxiliary Sciences (Istituto di Alti Studi in Geopolitica e Scienze Ausiliarie, IsAG) based in Rome and is the first and sole refereed journal of geopolitics in Italian language. Each monographical issue contains invited papers by recognized experts of the subject and peer-reviewed papers freely submitted from scholars following a public call for papers.